Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Western Australian Holiday and Retreat

I had the best holiday. Spent the longweek at the Chookscraps Retreat at Evedon Park. Fantastic.......what a top spot to stay, the yummiest food, great company and scrapping 24/7 if you wanted to and of course "the shop". I produced 15 gorgeous LO's and a canvas. Check out my slide show.

After the retreat I headed back to Perth for a couple of days of sight seeing, doing tours of Perth, Freemantle and Rottnest Island.

This is Wellington Dam, just outside of Collie. I was told by the locals it was a must see! So much water, and here in the east we are in the worst drought ever!

Life sized bronze sculpture of a fisherman at the Fremantle Fishing Boat Harbour.
Gorgeous scenery from Rottnest Island.

There was plenty of quokka to be seen on the island......


I spent some on my free time at Rottnest on a joyflight over the Island. We were lucky enough to see a pod of humpback whales. These pics where taken from the plane!

This photo of Perth was taken from Kings Park...

No comments: